This page provides some practical advice about how to minimise your chances of being affected by The Corona Virus. It also aims to provide answers to some of the key questions you are likely to have about the University and students' union. If you have other queries, don't hesitate to contact us through firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will do all that we can to assist. You can also get updates from Teesside University which provides the latest information and advice, as well as details for arrangements around learning and teaching.
Latest news and updates: As the nation gradually moves out of lockdown, we wanted to update you on what it means for the availability of services, venues and facilities provided by Teesside University Students’ Union (TUSU) in the coming weeks and months. We hope to resume a full, unrestricted service as soon as possible, but in the immediate future, we will continue to take all the necessary precautions to ensure the safety of everyone who visits the building and our staff.
PLEASE NOTE: All of the information below is subject to no changes in Government advice over the coming weeks and months. We also reserve the right to alter opening hours for any of our venues or services if there is insufficient use to justify them being open. You can get regular updates across our main social media Teesside University Students' Union, facebook.com/teessidesu, Instagram.com/teessidesu and twitter.com/teessidesu or this page. You can also drop those pages or email@example.com a line with questions.
- The Student Officers Elisha Lycett, Alan Lofthouse and George Reeves continue to work from home for the majority of the time at present while attending various virtual university and external meetings to represent students. They can be contacted directly through their e-mail or social media, details available on tees-su.org.uk/officers.
- The SU building will be open on weekdays only from 9 am to 4 pm until further notice. All visitors must wear a mask, socially distance, and use the hand sanitising facilities that will be available on the ground and first floors.
- The SU Shop (ground floor) is open on weekdays only from 9 am to 3 pm from Mon, 19th April, subject to levels of trade. We will continue to limit the number of people who can use the shop at any time and ask customers to wear a mask and socially distance for their own and other people’s welfare.
- The Love It Lounge (1st floor) is open on weekdays only from 9 am to 4 pm from Mon, 19th April. This will be for independent study only with students required to sit apart from others even if they share accommodation. with them. Group work or meetings are still not permitted until further notice, and no food or drink should be consumed in there; those using this space may remove their mask for the duration of their stay if they wish. The area will be monitored throughout the day, and students will be asked to leave if they repeatedly fail to comply with the safety measures.
- The Terrace (1st floor) will re-open at 9.30 am on Mon, 17th May for food and drink. Closing times will depend on levels of trade, and we may also alter the opening times later that week or the next. We will keep you updated of any changes across our social media. The venue will then close for the summer break, except for external events such as private parties, at the end of May. We currently aim to be fully back open for food, drink and student events this autumn, depending on the circumstances nearer to that time.
- SU Student Support (SUSS) remains a virtual service until further notice. Students can get help with housing, money, accommodation, personal issues and more through firstname.lastname@example.org or SU Student Support - SUSS. Please be aware that the team are dealing with a very high volume of enquiries and may take a little longer than usual to respond.
- The SU Welcome Desk and TUSU Activities service remain virtual until further notice. Students can contact email@example.com or call 07976 420806 with general questions, while the activities team can be reached through firstname.lastname@example.org or TUSU Activities with enquiries about sports clubs, societies, part-time work and employability.
- Students can also view part-time jobs vacancies with TUSU and organisations who advertise with us through tees-su.org.uk/jobs throughout the summer.
- The Hub, SU Studio and Snooze Rooms (2nd floor) remain closed for general use by students until further notice.
We very much hope to have them available from this autumn, subject to the situation nearer the time. We wish everyone the best spring and summer possible and urge you to stay safe and comply with guidelines whether you are using the SU Building or any other facilities/ venues. We look forward to seeing you in person again very soon.