The TUSU Activities service (1st floor, SU Building and open 10am to 4pm Mon/ Tue/ Thu and Fri, 10am to 7pm Weds during semester time) provides a range of information and support to our many sports clubs, societies and their members. The team help with the organisation, development and budget management of each group while working with the President Activities to generally improve the resources, facilities and opportunities available to all students on and off campus. Over the past few years the service has also widened it's offer to include support with enterprise and employability, they can help students to become more work ready, improve their C.V. and get a business idea off the ground. Contact SU Activities - T: 01642 342234, E: email@example.com
Meet The SU Activities Team
Chris Walton - Activities Manager, E-mail Chris
Chris's responsibilities include:
- Leading the SU Activities Team and Welcome Desk staff, coordinating the service they provide to students.
- Developing plans to ensure that Clubs Societies and Entrepreneurial Activities run by the Students’ Union enhance the student experience at Teesside University.
- Working with the President Activities and SU Activities team to provide support for student volunteers and ensure the time they spend builds on their key employability skills.
Mark Whitehill - SU Welcome Desk Coordinator, E-mail Mark
Mark's responsibilities include:
- Managing and running the SU Welcome Desk day to day.
- Providing advice and support to visitors to the SU Welcome Desk including students and members of the public.
- Supervising the work of student staff assisting him on the Welcome Desk.
Peter Russell-Wilson - Enterprise and Employability Coordinator, E-mail Peter
Peter's responsibilities include:
- Helping students who are thinking about starting their own business or getting an invention or big idea out there.
- Supporting students gain and develop real world experiences and skills much sought after by employers.
- Dealing with the practicals of CV writing, application forms, interviews, presentations, assessment centres, finding opportunities etc.
Kristy Weegram - Activities Development Co-ordinator, E-mail Kristy
Kristy's responsibilities include:
- Working with and supporting all student led societies within the SU.
- Running and planning all activities and trips which the SU runs.
- Supporting any students looking to set up and run their own society or helping students who have any ideas for trips and places they would like to visit.
Stephen Goodall – Clubs Development Coordinator, E-mail Stephen
Stephen’s responsibilities include:
- Working with and supporting all student led sports clubs.
- Working with the President Activities and Activities Manager to improve facilities for student sport on and off campus.
- Supporting any students looking to set up and run their own club.
- Assisting with the running of big events like Varsity and the Athletic Union Awards.
Anna Chatzikou - Activities Intern, E-mail Anna
Anna's responsibilities include:
- Supporting the general smooth running of student activities.
- Working with sports clubs, society members and volunteers on their development.